I was at a leadership coaching event and had these quotes as good takeaways. Although the training wasn't specific to agile environments, I think they all apply quite well.
- It's a leader's job to make the goals clear, and the team's to make it work.
- In a dynamic environment, it's more important to have strategic positioning than strategic planning.
- The fix for bad leadership isn't teams or teamwork, it's good leadership.
- You don't know what you're capable of.
- There's often a gap between information and application.
- What are your growth hashmarks? Because speed acclimates and it will be hard to tell if you are growing as a leader or not.
- The ideal situation is the right job [or role] + the right mindset.