The outline for the presentation Improve Your Management and Leadership is located here.
The books referenced in the presentation are:
- Marcus Buckingham's First, Break All the Rules,
- Now, Discover Your Strengths, and
- The One Thing You Need to Know.
- Jim Collin's Good to Great,
- Ken Blanchard's One Minute Manager and
- Andy Standley's Making Vision Stick.
I also referenced Patrick Lencioni's Five Dysfunctions of a Team.
I also briefly mentioned a book on metrics. My blog post on that is here, and the book is Five Core Metrics: The Intelligence Behind Successful Software Management.
The outline for Sunday's presentation Combine Agile with Your Strengths is located here and the slideshow is shared over the web on SlideShare here. The books mentioned include First Break All the Rules and Now Discover Your Strengths, linked above, as well as StrengthsFinder 2.0 and Go, Put Your Strengths To Work (on Google Books, so you can read parts of it).
I previously wrote a fairly thorough summary (certainly not an elevator speech) of the business value of using a strengths-based approach here.